Monday, April 4, 2011

175.0 Not A Great Day!

You know, today was just not a great day. I didn't feel very well and had no idea what I was going to write about today. I actually took a short nap because I felt so yucky and I had to teach my new tutoree. He's a young businessman from Japan who speaks quite well but wants to improve his fluency. It's been quite a challenge for me because I've never tutored one on one like this. So after my nap, I felt better, and actually had the best session that we've had (our 5th). When it ended at 6 pm I jumped in the car and headed for home. To be honest, I was racing home to make dinner. I'm using the word racing loosely here. I think I was in hypnosis! I had no idea I was speeding, but once I saw the flashing lights behind me I had that sinking feeling that I had been driving a little faster than usual. I was stopped for going 50 in a 30 mile an hour zone. What was really funny was that the policeman was so nice. He asked me if I knew why he had stopped me in a real chatty voice so I responded that perhaps I was going a little fast. I smiled and he smiled. We both smiled and then he didn't smile anymore. And I got a ticket. I don't know yet how much I am going to owe the glorious City of Scottsdale since I have to go online to get that information.

But wait! I just read the "complaint" carefully and I think they have the wrong woman. It says in big numbers that I weigh 200 pounds! That is not me, even after a night at P. F. Changs! And it probably wasn't me when when I filled out the information on my driver's license application because I usually pared down my weight in situations like that. I probably weighed closer to 220, not 200. Do you think I can get out of this ticket because they have out dated/wrong information? I don't think so either!

2 comments:

philso said...

YO!

lynseym said...

So I relayed this story to the knitters to see if they'd be offended (Tennessee does not print weight on DL but it's in your info all the same). The only response I remember is my friend April saying " my aunt Sharon still has the ticket from where they identified her as a black male."

I laughed so hard.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller