Thursday, April 7, 2011

174.6 Ms. Cellophane

Jeff and I went to a local theater revue that was quite wonderful last weekend. One of the songs that was presented was Mr. Cellophane from the movie Chicago. I loved that song when I saw Chicago and I loved hearing it again the other night even though it is a very sad song. At various time in my life I have definitely felt like Ms. Cellophane, totally invisible and ignored.

Before the weight loss I felt that way most of the time, and part of the joy of changing and becoming more slender is that now I feel visible, more visible than I have in a long time. It's little things like people chatting me up in the grocery store or airport or wherever. I'm sure that part of it is the fact that I like myself better and so maybe appear more open than I did when I was hiding behind all of that fat. Whatever it is, it's a good feeling to be visible.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller