Friday, April 29, 2011

175.4 A Timely Conversation

One of my good friends who had lost a lot of weight recently told me that she is eating out of control. She described her weight loss as one during which she felt very deprived and she just can't sustain it any longer.

We talked about how factors such as gray weather, illness, and the resulting lack of exercise caused by the illness all contribute to a feeling of depression and then wanting to eat to feel better. She said she's rereading Geneen Roth's book Women Food and God to help inspire her. And I suggested putting notes in the pantry, a way of planting reminders that really helped me during my weight loss. I still have one hanging in my pantry that tells me I'm doing great, but to eat an apple rather than anything in the pantry :).

And if you read my post from yesterday you realized that I was feeling rather down about maintaining the weight loss, so having this conversation on the heels of writing that post was very timely. I do feel better today. I had a good night's sleep and the sun is shining. I've already walked with my friend and will do my water workout this afternoon before I head out for a meeting. I've also invited my friend to come visit me to enjoy the sunshine. I hope she'll come soon. And I hope you are having a great day.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller