Saturday, January 29, 2011

170.0 A Little Less Lunch!

I got that pound off in a couple of days and it wasn't that hard and sure didn't take very long. Remember when I was in the weight losing mode rather than maintenance, how I would be stuck forever at the same weight? Why is it that now I can turn things around in a couple of days?

Well, for one thing, my body has a new set point and I know a couple of tricks that I never really trusted when I was losing. A little less lunch is an obvious plateau breaker for me now, and I just go back to some of the old habits that I had strayed from lately. The raw carrots are out on the counter as I make dinner again, spinach again, less snacking even on popcorn, and apples when the hunger bug bites.

I think we are going to go to the movies today and then meet friends for dinner. After reading how many calories are in unbuttered movie popcorn, I'm thinking about bringing my own, since we do have plenty :)! The restaurant we have chosen has a simple, great tasting salmon entree so I won't even open the menu. Old tricks are turning out to be very good tricks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes! Jud and I were talking about Magical Thinking last night. We don't have to live in that world anymore. We just have to remind ourselves that we know actual, non-magical actions that will give us the results we want in reasonable time. I'm trying to leave the magic (well, at least the magical thinking) behind.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller