Friday, January 7, 2011

170.2 ARRRRRRRGH

No, I'm not upset about my weight. I'm feeling better, my body is getting back to normal after being sick, so that part of my life is just fine. And, my iPhone was delivered today!

So what am I upset about? I'm upset with myself because I am soooo easy to fool! I forwarded an article regarding cancer and nutrition to lots of folks only to learn that it is a hoax! Why would someone take the time to write a report under the guise of a respected institution that isn't true? What do they get out of it? I'm really mad at myself for not checking the legitimacy of the article, but I got swept up in the moment and didn't take the time. And I've also heard (but now don't know if anything is true :) ) that Snopes also can't be trusted. Maybe the good old days were better when it took a week or two to share news and the original source was usually someone we knew...well.

I was going to refer you all to the Hopkins Hoax article today as a part of this blog. I'm so glad I checked it's reliability before I did that. So now I"ll send out an email to those who received it from me yesterday with an apology.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

This is not so bad. I once wrote a reaction to an article I read on children's books. I was very very angry at some of the things he said. And the author himself (NY times, I have never met him) found me and explained that he had been trying to be funny. At least you were trying to help people and didn't discover that you lacked a sense of humor.

queenmabby said...

it didn't say anything outrageous though...basically that eating well reduces your risk of cancer, right? good double checking though...i don't understand why people would waste their time doing that either. xoxo

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller