Wednesday, January 12, 2011

168.4 Popcorn, Anyone?


The box is sitting on the floor of our dining room. You can't see it unless you look for it, but it's there. And it is still full of popcorn even though both Jeff and I have been nibbling away at it.

I just went online to see about recipes using popcorn. I got so excited when I saw one for popcorn chicken. Um, duh! It was a recipe for frying chicken with so much fat and flour, etc., that hunks of fried stuff resembling pop corn was what it was all about. You know, like seeing popcorn shrimp on a menu? No, there is no popcorn in that either.

But having glimpsed so many recipes using popcorn mixed will sweets, everything from chocolate sauce, to orange slices candy, to caramel, to marshmallows, to cinnamon candies, eating plain low salt popcorn is about as exciting as drinking a glass of warm water.

So, if you have any ideas for cooking with popcorn that don't involve sugar, let me know. I've got a lot of popcorn here. I can try out lots of recipes!

1 comment:

queenmabby said...

that is too funny momma! send some my way...that popcorn is yummy! enjoy!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller