Sunday, January 23, 2011

170.0 Surrounded By Carbs!

I took a nap today, a long nap and I woke up grumpy. I rarely take naps now and didn't even know I was tired. I had been standing most of the morning at a church function and just wanted to stretch out for the sake of my back. I fell sound asleep right away.

The church gathering involved a lot of food including bagels of all flavors and varieties, and cake, lots of cake. I was surrounded by sugar and carbs with no place to hide. I was cutting frosting filled and covered cake and as the frosting gobbed up on the knife that old thought of eating "that extra frosting" popped into my mind. But instead, I threw it away as I periodically scaped it off the knife.

It was a great function, designed to promote friendship and fellowship among the folks there. Food seems to always do the trick at these types of events. Maybe I can suggest we put out some apples, carrots, snap peas next time? No, I don't think that's going to fly, especially at 9 in the morning! :)

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Maybe not snap peas, but there's nothing wrong with slices of fruit, or bowls or oranges or clementines! And 9am is also early for cake.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller