Tuesday, January 18, 2011

169.8 In The Soup!

I know, I know... I know what happened! Not to worry I keep telling myself. But over a pound over night? Jeff made soup for our dinner yesterday and instead of using water he used chicken broth (less sodium chicken broth). It was one of those soup mixes that includes the dried beans, etc., and a flavor packet. This was split pea with barley and promised to be delicious. Well, obviously the "flavor packet" contained salt as did the chicken broth, and we both were taken aback by how salty it was until we realized there was a reason why the recipe called for water. We ate it anyway, and today my fingers are a little salt bound, but it will all get washed out with the water I am drinking. I was really leery of soup while I was on the weight loss mission and maybe I'll go back to that mind set, at least for a while. Oh, I just remembered I had a cup of vegetable soup for lunch. Whoa!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller