Saturday, January 8, 2011

169.8 Baking Cookies But Not Eating them

I baked cookies yesterday and today. I baked them for Jennifer as part of her 75 birthday present. (She loves cookies.) I hadn't baked much of anything over the past four to five years. I used to make cookies frequently when I had a houseful of kids, but with my weight issue and not being able to stand for very long because of my back, baking was one of those things I quit doing. So I got this idea to bake three kinds of cookies and giving Jennifer exactly 75. I didn't even know if I had decent cookie sheets or cooling racks or where they were. But I found everything, headed off to the store, and started baking yesterday evening. I made Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Lace Cookies with chocolate filling, and Russian Tea Cakes.

And, here's the thing! I ate a half of a zucchini cookie and that was that. I didn't want any more. I didn't want to "lick" the bowl, I didn't want to eat the left over melted chocolate, and I didn't even want to taste any of the batter. What I really didn't want to do was to set up that sugar craving which I have learned can be easily triggered if I eat just a small amount of something sweet. My body likes being at this weight and my spirit likes it too. All of those hypnotic suggestions about being healthy, being happy, being slender have really settled into my consciousness and don't want to be messed with!

Thanks, Jennifer, and Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy the cookies!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller