Monday, January 17, 2011

168.4 Backing Off, Starting Over

This is turning into a blog about popcorn and leg cramps! Nothing about popcorn today, but I did see my PT today and she did have some thoughts about the leg cramp connection to water therapy. Why yes, they are connected, obviously, and for the time being she wants me to back off and start over with maybe 10 reps with each leg for each exercise. But I was so proud of doing 3 to 4 minutes (one song from Mamma Mia) for each exercise, and jogging in place in the water for up to ten minutes. No jogging at all for now is the way it stands. Yes, I'm a little disheartened, but I need to do what the doctor ordered so will follow her dictate. (Yes, she has earned her doctorate in PT.)

And without the flurry of so much exercise, my weight is staying pretty steady! Last night we went to Picasso's Pizza, a small Arizona chain that serves pizza made with organic, very healthy ingredients if you choose that route. The very thin, very delicious pizza crust that I had last night was made with quinoa, amaranth, wheat germ bulgur wheat, flax seed meal, psyllium husks, rolled oats, fennel seed, ginger powder, seaweed kelp and sea salt. No wonder I didn't gain any weight, and the spinach and mushroom topping with red sauce was delicious. Even doubting Jeff liked it!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller