Saturday, January 15, 2011

168.2 Back To The Future

It's warming back up out here so today I was able to go to our community center pool and do my water therapy. I wore one of my water jackets that cut the wind and help to keep my upper body warm and that really helped.

I am seeing a new physical therapist about my cock-eyed pelvis and so had to modify some of my workout. What she's found that really surprised me and kind of bothers me is how weak my left leg is. I think I have more to work on than just getting my pelvis in alignment.

I may as well confess, last night I had my first hamburger in about 3 years. It came with cheese and bacon - no, it wasn't a Whopper from Burger King - we went to Flemings (a rather high end restaurant in the area), sat at the bar and paid $6 rather than the $12 they normally charge since we were there before 7 pm. No, I didn't eat all the meat, I asked for no bacon, and I ate about 1/4 of the bread. Yes, it was good, but somehow not as great as I thought it might taste. I think my "clean, healthy living/eating" has really changed what I want to eat. But what I really liked is that my weight didn't shoot up. I hope this trend continues as I venture back into carefully eating some of the old favorites.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller