Thursday, January 6, 2011

169.2 Lost and Found

Happy New Year and I hope everyone had wonderful celebrations during the holiday season.

We're back from our trip to Memphis to visit our grandsons, and I'd post some pictures but I did the unthinkable! I lost my cell phone in the Memphis Airport yesterday and those recent photos are on it. Our plane was also delayed twice yesterday so let's just say it wasn't a great day.

But in fact it turned out to be a great day. Friends picked us up at the airport, being as flexible as our flight arrival time forced them to be, and when we walked into our home and heard our phone messages, we learned that my cellphone had been found and turned into the lost and found at the airport!

So where am I going with this? All over the place :)! I found out that worse things were happening to people in the airport. As we were complaining to some folks who sat down near us about the fact I had lost my cell phone, the woman explained that she had lost her brother the day before, and that they were on their way to be with family. Suddenly I found that my cell phone wasn't so significant after all. I also found that people were honest and did the right thing. And, I found the Memphis Airport folks to be helpful and resourceful in helping me to get my phone back. It's arriving tomorrow via FedEx.

And I lost some weight over the holidays, partly due to a stomach virus that took me out for a couple of days. This was my first big holiday season being on maintenance and I was very cautious. But I also ate some very wonderful things and enjoyed the choices I made very much. I have continued to use hypnosis and just keep reminding myself of what I have accomplished and there is just no way I want to eat more than I want to maintain my weight loss. I think I have found a great way to handle food.

3 comments:

queenmabby said...

great post momma!

Anonymous said...

Since an honest person returned your cell phone it sounds like you could have had a worse experience at the airport, given what we read about the TSA. On the other hand (no pun intended) you could be proud of an Xray these days, now that you are in slim, centerfold shape. - Annis

Kathleen said...

This is great! It really is all about perspective. I hope you are recovered from your illness, as you already know there are better ways to get rid of unwanted pounds.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller