Friday, October 29, 2010

174.8 The 5 pound Albatross

It's been frustrating to be stuck with this 5 pound albatross pulling me down. I've been mad, sad, frustrated, angry, and discouraged. I've spent a lot of time and energy with these feelings. I've questioned my weight goal, also. Was I crazy to set such a low goal? Hello! Sue, 170 pounds is not low for your 5'9" height. And then I spend time and energy wishing that I had set the goal at 175 and then I would have achieved it -- or would I have achieved it? Would I be stuck at 180, close but no cigar?

I can come up with some psychological reasons for why I am stuck, pretty obvious to some I'm sure, but I just don't think I am stuck in that way. However, if you've read many of these posts, you know that I did get A+ in Denial for many years around weight issues.

Even though I have plans and ideas for myself after the weight loss becomes a reality, maybe I like this niche @ Susan's Losin, and don't want to leave, to move on? No matter, it's time to lose it and move on. One more time, all together now, get going! By the way, I never dreamed this would be the way it would be so close to the end. I'm ending with a whimper! Yuck!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Don't stop! You can and will reach your goal.

priscilla said...

Here's an idea: Reset your goal to 165 and see what happens! Seriously, I'm sorry you're suffering. Look back to your blogs where you were stuck on along the way. You made it past those obstacles!

lynseym said...

I don't think 170 was the goal at all. The goal was to lose weight to moe your life fuller, easier, and more active. You are happier and fitter and more able to be the Sue you've thought about being. So what's wrong with that? Five pounds more or five pounds less, you are still right where you want to be. So maintain this. Put away the scale for a few days and live where you've set your goal to live--in a state of mind that this life has been made so much better. Personally I think weight goals are idealistic and make too much of a number. It's more about being happy and healthy anyway. Please don't be hard on yourself about a number. It's just that, a number.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller