Sunday, October 31, 2010

172.6 Sweet Talking...Myself

Lately I have noticed a change how I treat myself. I don't know if everybody has done this, but whenever I would do something wrong, I would often talk to myself about it. I'd say things like, oh no, you forgot again, or I can't believe you did that again. Sometimes I would be even harsher and I'd say things like that was really stupid, or, why do you keep doing that?, or when are you going to learn? Some of this self talk may in fact reflect things I heard from my parents as a child, but I think I have been much harder on myself that my parents ever were.

Anyway, recently I've started calling myself Honey and Susie Dear when I talk to myself and I encourage myself instead of beating myself up. Obviously, I have had words with myself about the weight loss roller coaster, harsh words. But now I hear comforting words. I have been working on becoming more compassionate toward others, but maybe the best place to start is with myself.

Oh, and did you notice the drop in weight? I saw my doctor a couple of days ago and because of low blood pressure especially when I stand up, which makes me think I am going to fall down :), he encouraged me to up my fluid intake by a fair amount. Could it be that this may be a key to success? Here's to another bottle of water!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller