Thursday, October 21, 2010

174.4 Who Was I? Who Am I?

When I wrote about my 50th high school reunion I didn't tell the whole story. Since my weight is stuck, I think I'll share a little more. The bottom line is that I was mistaken for another gal with whom I share the same maiden name, twice! The first time I just thought it was funny and decided it was not about me, but about the guy who thought I was that other gal. When it happened again the same day, I laughed it off at the time, but now it has me thinking.

If I had toted my lost 75 pounds with me to that reunion, would there have been this confusion? Was it my blonde hair which replaced the dark brown hair of my youth, or was the fact I appeared slender? The other gal did have sort of honey blonde hair in high school, but we were both tall and slender then, so it's a little confusing to say the least!

And do I need to ponder this at all? If it had happened just once, I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but it happened twice within a couple of hours, and the other gal wasn't even at the reunion! Too bad she missed it because there were at least two guys who definitely wanted to connect with her. One of the guys said to me, "Sue, I can still picture you looking so elegant in your '57 T-Bird!" Well, I never had a T-Bird or any other car in high school. Gulp! And the other guy said, "Sue, I remember walking by your house on the way home from school everyday." I knew where he lived and where she lived and they lived a couple of blocks from each other. I lived no where near either of them.

I actually think it is pretty funny! Maybe it was my eyes:)!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller