Saturday, October 23, 2010

174.8 SURPRISE!



Alee and Scott


Tomorrow is my birthday, but yesterday was my big day! Our daughter Alee and her boyfriend Scott flew in from Boston and surprised me! I was busy in the house when our dog barked so I looked up and saw the two of them trying to make themselves invisible as they were sneaking past the front window! I didn't think I could run anymore, but I know I ran to the front door to make sure it was really them! I hadn't seen them since July and am so happy they are here. And, there are more surprises to come. For the rest of the weekend all I know are the times I need to be ready to go and what to wear! Turning 68 is promising to be a lot of fun!

I actually had another surprise this morning as I was walking with Jeff down a residential street when all of a sudden I heard a golf ball thonk within about 6" of me! Maybe I should take up golf again if people are playing so poorly that they miss the fairway by several hundred feet!:) I'd fit right in!

I did remember this morning to wonder at the scale's response to my getting on it instead of worrying about it. I will continue to approach the scale with wonder, but won't be too hard on myself as I enjoy whatever is coming my way over the next few days. The posts may dwindle or disappear, but I'll be back for sure on Tuesday or Wednesday.

And, as I celebrate my birthday I am filled with gratitude for my wonderful family. Even though Ted and Miranda aren't here, I know they have been involved in the planning and are sharing in the excitement.

2 comments:

priscilla said...

I am so happy for you! It sounds like a great day.

I had a dream last night that I got on the scale and it said I weighed 113 pounds. Scary. The last time I weighed 113, I was at an AWFUL place in my life. Don't want to do that again. Shows that weight and happiness aren't necessarily harmonious.

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday, Sue! I hope it is fabulous.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller