Sunday, October 3, 2010

174.8 Waiting....

This morning there was a guest minister at our church from Haiti. You want to talk about going from desperation to inspiration (yesterday's post)? This pastor embodied it all. What struck me as he spoke about the fact that conditions there now are not a lot better than they were right after the earthquake which was in January, that's 9 whole months ago!, he wasn't filled with bitterness or anger. But he was filled with getting the message out that help is desperately needed.

Jeff had asked me yesterday what I wanted for my upcoming birthday. I flippantly, but seriously answered diamond earrings and they needed to be at least a half a carat. A little stunned because I usually don't ask for anything so significant, he suggested I wait for our 50th wedding anniversary. I said no, I didn't want to wait.

After hearing this morning about people waiting days and weeks for medical care, waiting for water, waiting for rice and beans, waiting for more than a tent to live in, waiting for their lives to take on some sense of normalcy, I've decided I won't wait. I think contributing the money that might have been spent on diamonds to Pastor Luc and his churches and schools in Haiti is the birthday present I want to receive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Susan. Yes, I think this blog was Channeled!

Jennifer

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller