Saturday, October 16, 2010

174.2 "It's Always Something!"

Today it's sweetener. I just heard a lecture on the evils of all sweeteners except Stevia, which I learned is made from the leaves of a plant with no chemicals added. This is not great news for me since I have been living on products with Splenda added or I've been adding it to food, a lot of it. I also have been drinking Crystal Light, a lot of it, daily.

Today I made my own drink based on Sassy Water. I sliced up cucumbers, fresh ginger, some lemon and some orange slices and added it all to a jug of water. Tomorrow morning I will strain out the added stuff and have this divine healthful drink to replace my Crystal Light.

And, I bought some packets of Stevia In The Raw to try in my coffee tomorrow morning. I think I have the bases covered, at least for now. But, you know, as Gilda Radner wrote, "It's Always Something!"

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I read somewhere that sweet things, even artificial sweeteners, increased the craving for sweet foods, many of which are high in fat and calories. I think the article was talking about diet sodas, and I have found that, once I start with a diet coke, cookies soon follow. That said, I put sweet n low in my coffee every morning, despite the fact that I think it might cause cancer.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you're "on it" right away after hearing about artificial sweeteners. Now all you have to do is lose just an eensy teensy bit more weight. No big deal whatsoever. Right?

With love,

Jennifer

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller