Monday, March 1, 2010

194.4 A Simple Pleasure

The other day I was at Costco and had so much fun. For probably 15 to 20 years except for very brief interludes, I have had to shop in the plus size /women's departments in various stores. It was really quite sad and frustrating, especially when we would be at a wonderful resort that had beautiful shops and Jeff would suggest that something in a shop window would look great on me. I loved that he thought that, but I could no more go in and buy something off the rack than fly to the moon.

Shopping at Costco has always meant that Jeff would roam over to the men's golf shirt area and buy a couple of golf shirts. I would feel really bad because for me to buy a couple of golf shirts every now and then meant heading for the specialty shops/department stores for the larger woman or ordering on line, etc., and paying full price. Well, a couple of days ago I went to Costco to buy berries, veges, and a roasted chicken. What did I come out with? The above, plus two fantastic golf shirts, size large, at $11.99 each. I brought them home and you would have thought I had won the lottery. What a simple pleasure!

2 comments:

philso said...

Great experience...I just found myself able to wear a pair of pants that I bought last year. My underwear fits better, too!

pad

Connie said...

You sound so full of joy!!! I know, from experience, how you feel. Can hardly wait to see you in a few weeks. You go girl!

Did you get my e-mail about your encouragement meaning so much to me? Hope I didn't hit the wrong button--after typing it.


clm

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller