Wednesday, March 10, 2010

193.2 Slip-Slidin' Away

Well, after my outburst yesterday, it did stop raining and I lost a little, so maybe that expression of frustration helped.

You know, there are so many pieces to the weight gain/weight loss puzzle. And, so many things that I realize that I either do half-way or not at all. And, there are some things I rarely do that I know I should be doing, and they aren't hard. For example, I don't always drink a couple glasses of water in the morning before my coffee. And, I don't always exercise everyday. I don't always yada, yada, yada. And, I may listen to my inner spirit but then do the opposite, or rather, not exactly what that voice is telling me. Why don't I do everything everyday? Partly because I feel overwhelmed by all the things I should do, and partly because I think it won't matter if I don't do everything. Obviously, it matters more than I have wanted to acknowledge.

It is hard for me to write this because it is hard to admit that I have been slip-sliding around. It's a lot easier to complain and blame my lackluster weight loss on the weather. But that is what I have been doing. I think I need to realize that in order for change to occur I have to change. That song by Paul Simon is floating in my head..."Slip sliding away...the nearer your destination the more you slip sliding away". I have thought about just being content with where I am now, but I really do want to get down to that goal of 170. That's where I will be healthiest, it will be much better for my back with its arthritis, and I'll look better. I want to quit the slip sliding away so I can get nearer my destination, my goal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller