Wednesday, March 31, 2010

188.4 Seeing Beyond The Weight Loss

I had an appointment with Jennifer Scott today, my inspiration and support for this weight loss program. Actually, she has become much more than that. She has become a spiritual coach helping me to grow and change throughout this weight loss process. Check out her website listed on the right.

Today she challenged me to begin to see beyond the weight loss. She reminded me that the more important changes that have been occurring along with the weight loss have been increased health and happiness, and self knowledge. Sometimes, in my myopic view of life, I focus way too much on how many pounds I've lost instead of what's going on in the bigger picture of my life.

So what will be next for me? Losing the weight has been a great thing, but like Peggy Lee sang, "Is That All There Is?". What will my life be like a year from now, five years from now? It's time to start widening my view and moving toward a new future with enthusiasm and joy.

1 comment:

priscilla said...

Peggy Lee also sang "The Folks Who Live On the Hill". It's about dreams for the future. It's one of my all time faves. Check it out.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller