Monday, March 22, 2010

191.0 The Evidence!

It's all about the scale. The scale in Memphis does weigh a couple pounds lighter than mine, so all is well. The fact that I didn't gain with all of the kid food and going out has me smiling. My sister Priscilla, in her recent comment about eating at kid friendly restaurants said that the food all contains the seven essential greases! She is so right. It was fun to see what the boys ordered. The youngest, Julien, always had mackee cheese, as he called it, and he would eat every single piece of macaroni that was served to him. Alex, almost 7 and Lennox, just 9 had a little more varied selection of either pasta or pizza. When we ate at their home, there was always salad and a much wider variety of food, so they are learning!

While we were away, Priscilla and her husband stayed at our home here in Scottsdale and when we arrived home you wouldn't have known they had been here. Everything was just as we had left it. But today, when I opened the freezer to take out something for dinner tonight, there was the evidence...Haagen Daz ice cream, peanut butter brittle or something like that staring up at me! Okay, so I'm not perfect. I took a big bite of it and YUCK! It tasted like I was eating pure fat, and I was! I looked at the container and read that there were 220 calories of fat in half a cup. And, it was so thick and sweet, it didn't even feel cool on my raspy throat! So, I spit most of it out!

So much for craving that ever again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that your cravings are just not there any more, but also, you didn't put on more weight because your metabolism has sped up. See what that elliptical is doing for you?

priscilla said...

Phil didn't like it either. I'm ashamed to admit that I LOVED it!I took only one bite, but the memory has remained. I need to get back to no fat cravings.Miss Piggy

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller