Monday, March 8, 2010

192.4 And The Winner Is...

Well, how's that? Another new all time low! These are my best days. And, I know the drop in weight wasn't just about yesterday, but I do want to say that I like the new approaches I wrote about yesterday.

First of all, I did try to eat before the Oscar Night event. My plan was complicated by the fact I had a church meeting at 4 in the afternoon. So even though I wasn't really hungry, I ate some low fat cottage cheese and crunchy bar (containing 10 g of protein) before the meeting, because I had to leave there and go directly to the party. I was unsure how that was going to work out, but it worked out just fine. At the party, I was faced with pasta, chicken parm which looked delicious but too cheesy to think about, and meatballs. And salad. My plan was that I would eat salad while everyone else was eating the entree choices. But, the salad was drenched in some very oily/creamy dressing and so that didn't work. I nibbled on a meatball and that was enough! Oh, and I didn't have wine, which is always the best way for me to handle it. A little can often lead to more and that leads to eating more food. Now there's a lesson I have learned pretty well.

And, I did ask myself the question about how I would feel the next morning as I weighed myself, before lighting into a canoli or 2. I ate a couple little bites of the filling and that was enough. There was no contest about whether I wanted more of that gluey stuff or to see a good result on the scale.

So, Oscar Night was a great night, and the morning after was perfect!

1 comment:

priscilla said...

And the winner is.....drum-roll...YOU! Congratulations Sue!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller