Saturday, March 6, 2010

193.8 Feeling Special

Today Barb and I went to my local nail place as part of her birthday celebration. Barb doesn't tend to do special things for herself so I thought that she might really like this. And she did. She loved it. I had a hard time getting her out of there. She and Henry, the nail guy, really hit it off. When he suggested the color "Sexy Red" for her toes, I knew she and Henry were going to get along just fine.

In the past we've frequently treated ourselves to special eating experiences, almost forgetting that there are lots of ways to spoil ourselves. I don't really like the word spoil because it has such a negative connotation, but you know what I mean.

After she left for home this afternoon, I treated myself to 25 minutes on the elliptical. It may sound corny but I do feel so happy that I can do that after so many years of being unable to do much in the way of exercise that I feel really like it is a treat. Now I would like to treat myself to 5 more minutes on it and get my time up to 30 minutes!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

25 minutes is great! Remember how when you started on it you could hardly do five? Go You!

priscilla said...

I love the idea of treating yourself to a treat with no calories!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller