Friday, March 5, 2010

193.6 Getting Older, Feeling Younger

The weather is gorgeous today. It's about 74 degrees, sunny, no wind - perfect. I just came back from my excellent chiropractor who tries to keep me in alignment. No one has been able to achieve that since I seem to be too limber, too loose! But he tries and his efforts help keep my back strong and straight.

Near his office today there is an art/wine fair in progress. It involves about 200 artists with handmade art work, jewelry, sculpture, etc. We've gone many times and love to take visitors to these shows. It's a perfect way to be outdoors enjoying the beauty of nature and the creative achievements of the artists who are present there.

My sister Barb who lives in Prescott, about an hour and a half from here, is down here to celebrate her 70th birthday with us. She is the oldest and has always had to go first in age related things. I used to envy her being older, but I've wised up, and am happy to let her lead the way.

But being aware of her getting older, of course, reminds me that I am, too. What I am so grateful for is that since I've lost the weight, I feel younger than I did a couple of years ago. So as I continue to lose more weight, I wonder, will I feel even younger when I turn 70?

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller