Friday, March 19, 2010

no scale Grandma, Are You Old?

My three year old grandson Julien looked at me for a while today, and then said, “Grandma, are you old?” I had to think about that before I answered him, because I wanted to tell him how I am lot younger now than I was a couple of years ago. Finally, I said that I was old, but not very! He seemed satisfied with that. It is pretty amazing to remember when I was at this lodge in Arkansas about a year and a half ago with my grandsons, I couldn’t walk up and down the stairs without help, I couldn’t go on hikes with the kids, and I had to be so careful about not letting them climb on me, lean on me, etc. Since that time, I have had a back surgery, a neck surgery, and I’ve lost about 55 pounds. Today after a three hour car ride, we all went hiking, and I led the way. Yes, I am old, but I am still very young!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller