Thursday, March 4, 2010

193.2 A Date With Bell Chimes

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

Jeff and I have revived an old routine that we had gotten away from for several years. We are planning weekly dates. We realized that we were getting so busy away from each other, that we were rarely making a special time just for us. We take turns planning the date, so we don't have to agree on all of the elements all of the time. This past Monday was our first date in a long time and I was the planner. The Scottsdale area is an absolutely magnificent place to live for all sorts of activities, places to visit, sports venues, and, of course, restaurants.

So where did we go? First we had lunch at a wonderful Italian restaurant in a very special area of shops called Kierland. I was able to order a gorgeous shrimp salad and I used only balsamic vinegar on it rather than any other dressing. It was delicious and I did that because I wanted to, not because I was on a diet. (I love balsamic vinegar on artichokes, asperagus, etc. What can I say? I really like it.) Jeff ordered a pizza and I had a couple of bites. It was definitely delicious also.

And then we went to Cosanti, the home and studio of Paolo Solari who designs and makes the Solari bell chimes that are hung in so many gardens all over this area and beyond. In fact, we had a Solari bell chime hanging in our yard in the Boston area for many years. The weather was beautiful, the bells are pieces of art work in their own right, and we had a great first date.:) Now I can hardly wait to see what Jeff plans for us next week.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

weekly dates... what a great idea!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller