Sunday, February 28, 2010

194.6 Being In The Fray

You know, when I first started writing this blog I really didn't think that there would be many posts that would not be filled with the glory of my success. I knew that I was on a slow, steady course, but it has been a much bumpier road than I ever anticipated. But therein lies the truth of this blog and the truth of long term weight loss. It does reflect life which isn't always smooth and easy.

I just watched the Americans lose to Canada in ice hockey. I hope the Americans are filled with gratitude for being able to reach this place in Olympic history. We all want success all of the time, but being able to take on a challenge is such a big part of the overall picture.

Yes, I feel frustrated, and yes I wish I could be writing how wonderful it is to be losing weight easily, but it is not easy. On the other hand, I am so grateful for being in the fray instead of sitting around, 50 pounds heavier, and feeling bad because I can't do this. Being engaged in a challenge means I am alive and looking forward to continuing changes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea!

priscilla said...

I love this!

Kathleen said...

If it were easy, a lot more people would be doing it. Keep going. The only sure way to fail is to give up.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller