Saturday, February 13, 2010

196.0 Wrong Way, Sue!

I am trying hard to put a positive face on this weight gain of 2 pounds and am having trouble doing that. I have been stuck in the 194 -196 range for about 2 weeks. Come on mind and spirit and body. Let's work together and move forward toward this weight loss goal that I have set. Today I did the elliptical for 24 minutes. If you read my blogs when I first got on the elliptical you know that every minute counts with me. So now I am in the process of refocusing on all my tools - water, exercise, self hypnosis, listening to my inner spirit, being aware and present, eating smaller portions, and eating slowly. Come on, Sue. You can do it.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

It' just a glitch. When it does start to go down, it will go smoothly.

np said...

I think plateaus, metabolically or spiritually or both, are a way that your body & mind take a breather, using the time to re-set and adapt to the new low and get ready for the next round. Losing (or gaining, for that matter) weight changes our body mechanics, which impacts muscle function, flexibility, balance, orientation and who knows what else. This also happens as you alter fitness levels (from my former athlete's perspective) - which you are also doing.
So I say revel in the plateau as it can be seen as evidence of change being integrated, not stuckness. :-)

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller