Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Day Without A Salad, So Far

I didn't start the day with salad, not because it wasn't appealing, but I want to mix things up so I won't get tired of it. So I started off with Go Lean Crunch, with Fiber One sprinkled on top followed by delicious blackberries. I am not sure if we are just lucky here in Arizona or if it is available everywhere now, but we do have the most gorgeous and delicious produce compared to what I remember during the winters in Boston. As I was just getting ready to pour my coffee I heard that inner voice saying drink water first! And so I did, 2 cups of water, and then I dove into my coffee. Since we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate a belated Valentine's Day, I have had just an apple and a Fiber One bar since breakfast and that will be plenty. Is there a Fiber One theme here?

And speaking of mixing it up, I decided to lift weights today instead of walking or doing the elliptical. Big mistake! I thought I knew what I was doing since my physical therapist had had me work with weights, but obviously I had forgotten some important elements. After leaving the gym, as I got out of my car to go into the store, my neck and back gave me a rough time, and I realized I needed a refresher course about using weights before I attempt it again. (Most people won't have problems with weights but my tricky back and neck aren't very forgiving.)

So, onward and downward, I hope. I did miss weighing myself this morning, but didn't spend much time agonizing over it. I pushed the scale out of the way so I can't see it any more. The old out of sight, out of mind trick is at work on several levels in my house.

So one day down in my new regime. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller