Wednesday, February 24, 2010

195.6 Need A Good Cry

Did you see how that weight popped up again? I don't know why I am pointing it out, but I'm mad, which is always better than sad and eating to assuage the pain. It just seems so odd that I can lose, let's see 247 - 195= 52 pounds, but I can't seem to lose anymore. I've tried all kinds of food, exercise regimes, hypnosis, and awareness techniques and I just can't seem to keep moving downward on the scale. If I hadn't just bought a new scale, I would probably try that too.

So, I'm working on emotional stuff, again. I haven't really talked about this, but I don't cry. I can get good and angry (just ask Jeff), but tears are hard to come by. I'd think without wine and food to numb out with, I might have some tears, but I don't. I wasn't always like this, but as I was growing up, being brave, being tough was much more highly valued that showing emotion. So, I'll keep working on things and one of these days, that number will start down in earnest.

I'm wondering if there are others who are reading the blog and are heavy, who share this characteristic of not shedding tears. I've joked that I have dry eye. I guess it's not really very funny.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

The funniest things are not funny at all. I think that shedding tears is important, but then I cry almost every day, even if it's about a news story or a TV show. (or commercial)Don't give up - you can loose more, and you will. Try adding an extra minute on your machine, or taking an extra short walk? Not enough to push too far, but just enough to burn a little extra.

queenmabby said...

i'm so proud of you for talking about this!

Susan's Losin' said...

My Chinese friend Huang Yu translated the above for me. She wrote that it says " This is my first time to see your blog, very good."

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller