Sunday, February 14, 2010

195.4 Change Is Awkward

A couple of days ago I mentioned the book Born To Run. This may becoming a life changing book for me. We'll see. In it, a nutritionist recommends eating salad for breakfast. Her reasons make sense: salad greens are full of water and are a wonderful way to rehydrate each morning. They are also full of magnificent nutrients. She says you can put almost anything in the salad along with the greens, and you can eat all you want. Fruit, vegetables, nuts (a few chopped), and the salad dressing of your choice does sound good to me. She also recommends adding kidney beans for protein. (Obviously, I won't go crazy with the amount of salad dressing.) I woke up this morning thinking I might try it. This will be a huge shift for this cereal or toast, with fresh fruit gal. But I've been thinking that the only reason I eat that for breakfast instead of salad is because that is the way I was taught. I have changed several things about how I live my life during this weight loss adventure and they have all involved shifts in how I have thought about things and dealt with things all my life, and, they have often felt awkward. So why not totally change what I eat for breakfast? Tomorrow morning I'm going to make myself a delicious salad. I wonder how I will like it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool...

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Kathleen said...

I used to eat spaghetti for breakfast, which isn't really the same thing, but also is not a traditional breakfast food. Go for the salad. You won't know if you don't try it.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller