Sunday, February 7, 2010

194.2 How Do You Know?

We had a great time in Prescott. This morning we met my sister and her husband for breakfast and then headed down to Scottsdale. About 30 miles outside of Prescott I remembered that my scale was still at my cousin's house. You know how you get distracted when you are trying to do a lot at once? I remember thinking I needed to get it out of the bathroom, and then I didn't think about it until we were well on our way. I liked having my own scale with me, but now what? I have my old scale that is very fickle and unreliable. But that's what I will use until I get my favorite one back.

My sister and I had a good conversation about when you are older how do you know if it's worth it to lose weight. If you feel pretty good and have no immediate health issues, and even though you may look heavy, what does it take to push you over the line into the place where you take action and commit yourself to new behaviors? I have a hunch if I knew the answer to that I could sell it on the internet and make big money. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I would argue that, if there are no health issues and the person is really comfortable with where they are,then it's not worth the effort. But if they do want to get lighter and slimmer, it takes a real decision. You have to want it more than you want the cookie. All the time. Even when the cookie is right there in front of you.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller