Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mamma Mia, Here I Go Again!

Remember when I used to write about singing with Willie Nelson as I walked? That does seem like a long time ago. Call me fickle if you must, but I have a new favorite - the soundtrack from Mamma Mia. Today I was in luck. I went to our community center workout room and no one was there! I had the room to myself. So I put the Olympics on the TV and pumped up my Mamma Mia music on my iphone, put my little ear phones in and off I went on the elliptical, singing in full voice! It was more fun, the time, 25 + minutes, flew and it was just great.

How are things going? I was in a big hurry this morning to get out of the house so didn't think much about not weighing myself. I probably ate too much for breakfast, two pieces of Ezekiel toast instead of just one. But I have a new way to eat it. I put light cream cheese on it with fresh berries and that's about half the fat and calories of peanut butter, which is what I used to eat on toast. I didn't get hungry until about 2 and then I had an orange and my favorite flatbread that is low in calories, high in fiber and tastes great. Tonight we are going out again and I am going to rely on my inner spirit and awareness so I don't over eat. I already know what I will order so that "dance" is over.

Today I taught my ESL class and it was quite touching. At a student's request, we spent a lot of time talking and thinking about how you say you are sorry if a friend is troubled. Sometimes you can plan all you want, and then something you never have thought of becomes very important. Life is often very unpredictable! I think that is good!

1 comment:

philso said...

Way to go, kid! And, Mama Mia is almost as good as Take It To The Limit!
I am so proud of your new life. Is it time for me to get a new one?

philso

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller