Friday, February 11, 2011

172.0 Eggs and Additives

Lately I got into a conversation about egg substitutes versus egg whites as options instead of real eggs. Now I really don't like eggs and have never liked the white portion of a fried or poached egg. I thought egg substitutes were pretty harmless until I read all of the additives listed on the container, so now I'm not real sold on eating them.

So this morning thought I got it right. I ordered one egg with chopped fresh tomatoes, spinach (of course :)), and portabello mushrooms cooked like a scrambled egg. It was wonderful, and kept me feeling full for about 5 and half hours. But as I'm writing this I'm beginning to wonder if the egg they used at the restaurant was a real egg or a commercially prepared egg product full of additives! Maybe I should just stay home or only order toast.

1 comment:

lynseym said...

I'm sure it was a regular egg because they are so much cheaper!

I eat regular eggs as my mid-morning brunch instead of lunch all the time. One is plenty and is good for you! Sometimes we separate the egg whites ourselves but usually just use the egg.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller