Wednesday, February 9, 2011

172.8 Just Say No!

I can't believe that I haven't used the title above before now! It would have perfect for many of my posts. Notice the bump in my weight? Yesterday I was possessed by an old, very unhelpful response to others and food.

It all started when I went to the grocery store. There's a Starbucks in the store and I decided that I really needed a caffe latte made with non-fat milk. That wasn't the problem. The woman behind the counter was very persuasive about how a little mini vanilla scone would be perfect with it. I knew that these were relatively low in calories and after more urging and seeing this adorable little pastry I decided that I really must have one. And I did and, of course, it was delicious and just what I needed as the Starbuck's lady had so perceptively informed me.

And, then last night, Jeff made dinner for us and when I was called to the table, two slices of French bread toast with real butter were on my plate. Had I still been in my weight loss mode I am quite certain I would have been able to abstain from eating either of the pieces. But maintenance is trickier because the lines aren't so sharply drawn and it looked so good. I ate both slices.

In both cases it was as if I had turned all my power to know what I wanted and what was good for me over to others. I'm in no way placing any blame on them. It's always up to me to just say no (thank you).

And, I proved once again to myself that white flour and butter are weight magnets for me.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller