Thursday, February 3, 2011

171.8 Standing For and Standing Up Straighter

Today I started back at PVCC teaching English as a Second Language. It's funny what you take for granted. I was teaching them the meaning of the phrase "stands for" which means "means" :), and learned that most of the students hadn't known that ESL stood for English as a Second Language. (PVCC stands for Paradise Valley Community College.)

And speaking of standing, when I walked in the area where I teach, I was told that I was standing much straighter! At first I couldn't imagine why that would be or that I hadn't been standing up straight in the past, but then I got it! I've been doing a lot of core work with my physical therapist as we've been trying to get my pelvis into better alignment. So, yes!, with all that work I've been doing to strengthen my abs, I bet I do stand straighter. For me it's always been hard to envision what I really look like on the outside. I thought I'd been standing ramrod straight for quite a while now. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller