Wednesday, May 26, 2010

188.2 What's Going On?

What's going on here? The scale just sort of rocks back and forth rather slowly in the same arc of about a pound. Why doesn't it want to cooperate and go down a little farther once in a while? I don't have the answer but I am going to continue to ride the arc and see if I can't get it going downward. It does seem obvious that I must be eating too much. What used to be cutting back to half was cutting back enough to cause weight loss along with the exercise, etc. when I first started this weight loss program. Now I think I have to cut back even more. It's sort of like physical therapy. Once I master a certain level of an exercise, the physical therapist makes it more challenging, by either extending the amount of repetitions or making it more difficult by adding more weight, raising the level of the step, etc.. I guess I shouldn't expect weight loss to be any different.

To be honest, I haven't wanted to eat less because I don't like to feel hungry. But maybe I will just have to put up with a little hunger for a while until my stomach shrinks a little more. I don't intend to do anything outrageous or untenable, just cut back a little and see how it goes. Listening to my hypnosis CDs, and engaging my inner spirit to encourage me and guide me will help me stay on track. And, there's always sugar free gum when the hunger sets in and it's not time to eat a meal... and apples, and carrots, and celery, all kinds of good things that are healthy and taste great.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

well... I guess you are burning fewer calories doing everyday things. I mean, you used to lug 60 pounds around with you everywhere you went, and you stopped doing that. So you are, technically, burning fewer calories walking and moving around. Maybe. Unless your metabolism kicks in to high gear. I can't quite figure out how it's supposed to work.

priscilla said...

I've decided that my body loves certain places on the scale. It takes FOREVER to jog it into thinking downward might be a good idea.Persistence is key, and thank goodness for carrots and apples at midnight.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller