Saturday, May 8, 2010

187.4 A Relative Day

We spent today with "the relatives". We don't have a lot of relatives out here in Arizona, but we do have a few. A cousin of mine flew in from Albuquerque, N.M. to spend some time with the AZ relatives. So today we drove Marcia up to Prescott where everyone else lives. I know, it sounds like I am talking about quite a clan. Actually, there are 4 relatives who live up there: my sister Barbara and husband Al, and my cousin Steve, Marcia's brother, and his wife Loretta. And Chris, Barbi and Al's son, was visiting from California. So we had a great group of eight sitting around the dinner table.

What really struck me is that our family is getting smaller, but smaller in a good way. Marcia has lost 50 pounds, Loretta has lost 35, Steve has lost 15, Jeff has lost 30, and I've lost 60! You add that up and it equates to one very large person! We all lost using different methods, but because we are a little older than we used to be, health reasons factored strongly in each person's decision to lose weight. I hope we can gather next year about this time and all have lost even more. This has me thinking that I come from a family of good weight gainers, and now good weight losers. As I often write, who knew?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.!!Great post,I would like to congratulate you and your relatives on your weight loss.!!Good job and keep it up always..You will inspire many people for sure.
arizona weight loss

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller