Sunday, May 23, 2010

187.6 The Long and Short of It

I don't know why I remember the things I do, but the song "Who Wears Short Shorts?" just popped into my head. Thank goodness there is a reason for that. I am thinking about going shopping today for shorts, but definitely not short shorts! So why I am writing about this?

Well, shorts and I make an odd couple. Remember, I am 67, my thighs look like they need ironing and I am the proud owner of cankles. I don't care what length, what color, what brand, or what size I buy, I am not going to look good in these shorts. Last summer I did wear shorts when I went out walking. It was easier then when I was so much heavier, because I thought I was sort of invisible, that it didn't matter what I looked like in them because I didn't look good anyway, if that makes sense.

Things are different now. I am different now. So, I can continue to wear long pants, (in 100+ degree weather that looks quite bizarre), or I can just pretend I have great legs and quit worrying about it! Maybe nobody cares what I look like! Now there's a novel thought.

My weight is coming down and my apple/fiber intake is going up! Happiness in Scottsdale!

1 comment:

queenmabby said...

One of my clients recently taught me the phrase "it's none of my business what you think of me":) Put on those shorts and enjoy your beautiful legs momma!!! it just doesn't matter what other people might be thinking, right?

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller