Wednesday, May 12, 2010

187.6 Changing My Shape

Now today was a great day. As you faithful readers know, I have been really struggling to get below 187 pounds. In fact I've been hanging around that number way too long. As you can see above, I did at least drop from around 188+ pounds back into the 187 camp, but that's not what made it a great day.

It all started with my walking buddy giving me two tops from Chico's that she has grown out of because she's losing weight. When I tried them on this morning they fit perfectly, and it occurred to me that maybe it was time to go shopping again.

So off I went and tried on *size 3 pants, the size that I'd bought about 3 months ago. They were too big! At first I thought that that wasn't possible and ignored it until the sales woman looked at me and announced for all to hear that those pants were too big and that she'd get the smaller size. So, now I'm the proud of owner of size 2.5 pants, 3 pairs of size 2.5 pants.

What's really interesting is that when I weighed much less and I didn't exercise like I do now, I usually wore size 14 or 16. So to wear the equivalent of size 12-14 at this weight means the exercise has changed my shape! Now I am wondering if I can get down to a size 2! Of course I can, but it will take time and exercise and more weight loss. What a plan! (And if I can change my shape at the age of 67, anyone can.)

* For those of you who aren't familiar with the way Chico's sizes its clothing, it's marked from 0 to 3.5.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller