Thursday, May 13, 2010

189.7 The Devil is in the Salt!

This will be short since we are expecting house guests to arrive any minute. But, oh what a let down after yesterday when my weight was better and I had such a great time at Chico's.

When I got on the scale this morning I couldn't believe my eyes, so I got off and got on again. It persisted in telling me I had gained 2 pounds since yesterday morning. Oh, the pain!

And then I remembered that for lunch I moistened my tuna with a little lite mayo and then threw in a fair amount of dill pickle juice. And if that wasn't enough salt, I ate two small dill pickles. On top of that, for dinner I had a bowl of gazpacho that, looking back, I'm sure was full of salt.

So, today will be a low salt day and a lot of water day. I just haven't worried about salt that much lately, but I also haven't been drenching my food in salty pickle juice. Will I ever learn?

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

The thing about salt-weight is that it's short lived. Drink a lot of water and eventually it will leave. Better than actual fat, at any rate. I struggle with salt more than anything, and just ate a dinner that I'm sure will have my fingers puffy in the morning. I just have to make sure not to do it too often.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller