Thursday, May 6, 2010

187.2 Changes Abound!

As most of you know, I have been given a lot of support during this weight loss adventure, as I like to call it, by Jennifer Scott, a clinical hypnotherapist. She has been encouraging me to look at all of the changes that have occurred in my view of my self and my body during this transformation brought about by losing 60 pounds. Her hope and mine is that by looking at this list, I will understand the good things that have come from the weight loss and find encouragement to continue. So here is what I have noticed, felt, and experienced as a result of the weight loss:

I can cross my legs now, and I can put my feet up on the dashboard of the car. (I know this may not hold any appeal to you, but I've loved doing this on long trips, especially.) I can get up and down more easily from a chair. I know I can get through narrower spaces and I don't have to worry that I might have to retreat because I can't make it when I thought I could (very embarrassing!). I have more energy, a lot more energy. (Think about it. It was as if I were carrying around a 60 pound bag of sand every where I went. No wonder I have more energy!) People notice me more and that makes me sort of giggle like it's my own lovely little secret, and, I admit I like to look in the mirror more. I like having a more shapely body. I love to wear clothes that don't look like tents, and I like to go shopping and am still shocked that size XL and sometimes size L are too big for me. My feet don't swell so much, and I don't hear myself breathe as I walk. I can turn over in bed more easily, and I can move more quickly, walk much more quickly. I can go upstairs without pulling myself up with my arms. I like the attention and people talking to me about how much better I look and how I did it! I love being able to sit in a seat on an airplane with room to spare and not have my thighs touch those of the person next to me. I know I am not fat anymore, and I don't have that fat lady complex that people are wondering how I let myself get so fat. And, I like to walk around, instead of just sitting all the time so people won't notice how large I am. I can work out, and I can do the elliptical! CHchchchanges abound!

Writing about this has really helped me reflect the changes and I encourage you to write down what you have noticed about yourself since losing weight. If you are just beginning to lose, make a list of things that you hope will be the result of weight loss. No, it probably won't make you rich and famous, but, who knows what unexpected changes you may experience!

1 comment:

priscilla said...

I love your list!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller