Monday, May 3, 2010

188.2 Cruel and Unusual Motivation?

Looking at the title of this post makes me a little uneasy and so does what I have done. But maybe it will work. You see, I have really been stuck (not that that's a new situation for me as you know), and I am mad that I can't get more weight off. I love the compliments that I'm getting now, but actually think that is making it even harder to keep this weight loss going.

So what did I do? Well, this morning I took pictures of my thighs and pictures of my back from my neck to my waist. These areas look fine when I am wearing clothes, but not so great without clothes. In fact, both areas are horrible! I do realize that I'm 67 and I'm never going to have great thighs or a great looking back. Talk about crying out for improvement, these areas are screaming at me!

So, I'll hang the pictures in the pantry and in the fridge and see if they don't get my attention before I eat something I don't need and/or will regret. Now, I just have to remember to remove them when we have dinner guests! Oh, the challenges!

2 comments:

priscilla said...

I wonder what would happen if you put up pictures of yourself thin?

lynseym said...

just make sure you aren't hurting who you are NOW to be who you wish you were because we love you now! self-image, regardless of size, is really important and you should be proud of where you are!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller