Wednesday, March 2, 2011

173.4 Living The Loss

Sometimes I feel a little odd because people will talk about how difficult it must have been/was losing all that weight and I have trouble remembering it. I have trouble remembering what I looked like when I was really heavy. And when I was really heavy I had trouble imagining how I would look when I lost my 80 pounds.

Well, today I went to get my hair cut and colored (shocking I know), and my hair stylist is one of the few people who has seen me high and seen me low! She lived the loss over the 2 and a half years with me, seeing me once a month. And, every time I see her now, she looks at me and says she still is amazed by the difference.

So when I get down on myself about a few pounds, I need to remember that what I did was a big deal and that there is no way I ever want to return to that heavy weight, and it doesn't really matter how well I remember all that transpired as I lost the weight. I just need to know that I'm not getting up there again.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

The only way you can ever get back up there again is by giving up. When you have bad days,or slip and eat something you feel you shouldn't have, just remember to keep at it. Giving up is a sure way to gain it all back. You should be very proud, and you should be confident in your ability to stay the course.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller