Tuesday, March 29, 2011

175.4 Spelling Bee TV

This morning the spelling bee that Jeff has been working on for 2 months now was featured on a local TV program. He found out yesterday morning that it would be filmed today, and that he needed to get at least 12 folks, preferably in costume, to participate. I went along as a morale booster since I was the only one from my team that was available. A great moment was when a real bee decided to swoop around Jeff and the interviewer, Yetta. No, this was not planned! Here's the site to see the TV interview. Jeff did a great job planning this and talking about it today on TV along with the rowdy fun spellers!

http://www.azfamily.com/good-morning-arizona/

So I'm thinking about today and how I probably would not have participated if I hadn't lost that weight! And, I would have missed out on so much fun. And, very few people involved even knew that I had been heavier so it wasn't about them. It was about me and how I feel about myself versus how I used to feel. I used to hide and miss out.

I have to remember these things as I continue to make peace with food and with myself.

1 comment:

lynseym said...

Way to go both of you! Great event!

By the way--I cannot spell outloud or process outloud numbers and letters. I'm serious. Ask Ted. It's not stage fright that prevents me from sitting in the hot seat like Ted at trials because I thrive under the pressure. It's the outloud numbers and letters like a good old fashioned spelling bee! I have to read to process with the exception of lectures. On those, I diagram concepts to process. The oral learning skills are that strange. :)

Where's your bee costume? I think you need one with tap shoes.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller