Thursday, March 24, 2011

174.2 Real Challenges

Today was a great day. I learned that my ESL student who was visiting in Japan during the quake and all that followed is okay. In class today a Japanese student told us about how her family who live in Tokyo have been managing. It was very touching to hear her speak about all that they have been going through in terms of rationed power, shortages and fears about food and water, interrupted transportation to name a few. I think of the horror of it all, but I forget about all of the challenges that the survivors must have to face everyday.

As I have said before, teaching this class is such a gift for me to experience each week. My issues, my challenges become miniscule in comparison to what so many are facing everyday all over the world.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller