Monday, September 20, 2010

177.8 Breaking Away!

I've been doing self hypnosis on a regular basis now and find it quite amazing. While doing it, things come into my mind that I haven't previously given any conscious thought to, and it's in some ways startling.

For example, today it came to me that I would no longer eat anything after dinner. I've been writing about night time hunger in this blog forever and yet I have never really found a good solution to it. The message is simple - after I finish eating dinner I won't eat anything until breakfast the next day. Then I won't have to deal at 9:30 at night with decisions about what to eat, how many calories the alternatives contain, and how will it affect what I have eaten all day. What I really believe will happen is that I will break away from an old, bad habit! I think I've always eaten "a little something" before bed almost every night for much of my adult life.

It also came to me while doing this hypnosis today that I didn't need to fear hunger, that if I eat a healthy amount of food every day, I don't need to fear hunger. Hmmm, another novel thought.

Yes, I will probably be hungry for several nights in a row once I start this new regimen, but soon it will disappear like the desire to bite my finger nails or drink wine. What an exciting and liberating thought!

3 comments:

priscilla said...

I'd forgotten about the not-being-afraid-to-hungry thing. I ate breakfast this morning not because I was hungry but because I had a class and I might get hungry during it!! Someone once told me that unless you're in a third world country, it's hard to find anyone who's died of hunger. Especially here!

Anonymous said...

What an exciting blog this is! Yes, you're getting it and changing/growing a little more every day! Hugs,

Jennier

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller