Tuesday, September 7, 2010

179.9 So, There You Go!


My dog Charlee wants me to share my raw carrots with her. I do give her snap peas, but raw carrots? I don't think so. My kids used to choke on raw carrots when they were little, and Charlee is very little.

It was the salt! That's all I can think of that caused my weight to jump up again. Last night we took Greek olives, marinated mushrooms, artichoke hearts, etc. for an appetizer at the party we went to. The platter looked gorgeous and it all tasted great, and it was all low calorie, but not low salt. Since the other appetizer was brie with fig jam, I stuck to the salt laden foods that we brought.

Night before last, we took a platter of all fresh veges to another party. You know, sometimes, I just want something different, and so there you go! Don't you think salt is better than fat over the long haul?

So that's why I am crunching on raw carrots tonight, and no Charlee, I'm not giving in.

1 comment:

lynseym said...

Look at sweet Charlee! Thomas chokes on Julien's socks on a reular basis. Julien forgets to not toss them about and Thomas nervously picks them up when he comes inside. I can't however break up socks to a more dog sized treat.... I just have to have faith that not so little Julien will not have feet with small socks much longer. He is growing straight into Alex's old clothes........

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller