Friday, September 10, 2010

no scale Wine Country!

I'm in one of the most gorgeous places that I've ever been, Glen Ellen, California! For those of you who enjoy a glass of wine now and then:), yes, the Glen Ellen that is home to several vineyards. I was raised in California and just love visiting here. The golden hills, the sprawling oak trees, the majestic eucalyptus trees that smell as lovely as they look all have special meaning to me and I'm so happy to be here.

But being in the heart of wine country is very different for me this time around. Whenever I have been here before, I've always enjoyed all the wine I wanted. It is everywhere here. In fact, I'm staying at the home of a good friend whom I've known since we were about 10 years old, and her property includes a small vineyard. Today we drove over to the Jack London Museum and then we went on to do a little wine tasting. What is a non-drinker doing at a wine tasting? Having a great time with my friends. Yes, it is hard to not just drink it, but I don't want to and you know, what I've learned is that nobody cares. And I guess if they did, I'd find that we just weren't hanging out together anymore. So far, I haven't lost any friends over this!

1 comment:

queenmabby said...

sounds so amazing!!!! enjoy!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller